Sunday, November 25, 2007

Daily Green Actions: Buy Nothing Day

  • it is really a challenge finding alternative things to do away from television, computer and mobile phone. I actually suffer from withdrawal
  • Today's lights out was spent bathing and cooking dinner in candlelight; dinner on the bench outside my house and strolling in full moonlight
  • going offline for lights out today. 1st time in a week that Im finally going to totally not use any electricity! Bathing in the dark is fun!
  • Thanks to the carnival, I felt so reconnected and decided to take a detour along the river (canalized of cos) on the way home. rejuvenated!
  • The Lapiz Lazuli Light Carnival was inspirational. I bought portable reusable chopsticks. It's buy nothing day but I dun feel guilty!
  • Happy Buy Nothing Day. Have you succumbed to black friday yet? I hope not.

7 comments:

Janet Taylor said...

I was just talking to my son concerning some things that we could begin to do over the Christmas Holidays. When I came across your blog and what you were doing to turn the lights off and save energy, I thought how nice that would be. Turning the TV, computer, and lights off for a day would be wonderful. Now let's see if I can sell this idea to my family.
Giving it a try.
Taylor

Karin said...


"http://indianfirms.blogspot.com/2007/11/use-of-russian-and-canadian-asbestos.html">
Use Of Russian And Canadian Asbestos Rising In India

Karin said...

Use Of Russian And Canadian Asbestos Rising In India
indianfirms.blogspot.com/2007/11/use-of-russian-and-canadian-asbestos.html

ZoeyH-P said...

i hope you r go at giveing endvie becase i have a ? should i be mad at my friend becase she made my boyfriend dop me now shes going out with him its stupid

Think You... and Only You said...

OMG.... we did this at school!! Everything was veggies, no meat... and stuff

Aneet said...

Very thoughtful blog!

-Aneet

Irina said...

Hello there! You've done a great blog! I would want to do something like this, hope one day I will be also good in writing it. Have a good day!
IK