Thursday, August 03, 2006

Geotagged Flickr Photos

While exploring geotagging photos on Flickr, I came across a pleasant surprise.

I was going to geotag my Sungei Buloh photos but as I zoom in on Sungei Buloh on Google Earth, I find a little yellow spot in the vicinity. Turned out that acroamatic beat me to it!



Though slow to catch on, I've tagged my photos. Try to look for them with this Google Earth Flickr Network file. You will need Google Earth to view it. Honestly I haven't found them yet. Maybe it takes a while to read the latest feed, need the system to refresh and all that. On another matter, I found pictures that acroamatic took of us at Ubin! I will try to tag my sekudu pictures now.

Not only did I find acroamatic's photos, I also found lots of people's photos and the associated blog posts from the flickr photos! This is a great tool. Though I may be one year late in catching on but kinks in the system has definitely been worked out.

No comments: