Monday, September 24, 2007

Growing up



Cats grow up really fast and in the blink of an eye, a big pawed kitten has turned into a elegant feline within the short span of a year.



Pictured here is the free-roaming void deck feline who belongs to or possibly fed by the Malay family on the ground floor. I'm happy to see that from the signs of her tipped ear, she is now neutered! Her baby photos above were taken around May 6, 2006 and the below photo of her was taken around 1 week ago on 14 September 2007.



I sincerely believe that they are the same cat. The patches of black on the top of her head looks like a perfect match. I wonder if the family has voluntarily brought her to the vet for sterilization or it was done by feeders or volunteers around the area.

There used to be a lot of issues with this cat and her siblings randomly peeing, pooping and dirtying the void deck area, causing a lot of discomfort. I actually blogged about it a year ago! Regardless, there are no longer such problems in my void deck and this could most possibly be thanks to sterilization. The kitties no longer feel the need to mark their territories nor liable to accidental pregnancy resulting in more kittens in the area.

Looking at the kitty and these photos, it almost feels as if I am a proud parent looking at her baby all grown up. I was actually rather worried a while back because I haven't seen her for a long time but I chanced upon her a few days ago. What a relief!

No comments: