Sunday, August 26, 2007

Chek Jawa after dark



This is my million dollar picture. One of those photos that make me feel so happy and accomplished despite going on a night walk and not seeing anything exciting. In fact, I'm happy to have this photo even if it made me miss the opportunity of seeing a Civet Cat on the Chek Jawa Boardwalk at 10pm at night!



These were taken yesterday night on the Chek Jawa Boardwalk after a BBQ at house number one which made us all feel the ingenuity and thought of General Surveyor Langdon Williams when he built the house. It was the life. The view of the sea, breeze in the hair, a glass of wine and a good meal at your patio.

After which we walked around the mangrove trying to look for owls and personally it was a wish to meet the banded krait up close and personal in the dark. No such luck for me. Not even a pit viper! Then I started wishing for an encounter with a dugong but other than a creaking pontoon at high tide, we heard no other sounds.

Which of course is a good thing considering we're right in the middle of the lunar 7th month also known as the Hungry Ghost Festival!

For more photos, zip on over to my flickr set!

No comments: